Sunday, November 16, 2008

An Anniversary Celebration... a month late...

Last night we finally celebrated our anniversary. (Actually, David reminded me last night that we did go to dinner for our anniversary - but dinner in the Hollywood Diner with Adam flinging crayons across the noisy and crowded restaurant wasn't quite the romantic meal that last night could have been...)

We bought ourselves tickets to see The 5 Browns in concert. As a thank you from some medical students I work with, they had given me a $50 gift certificate to a moderately posh restaurant in a moderately trendy part of Omaha (for those familiar with Washington DC - it has the sort of atmosphere as The Blue Room in Adams Morgan).

Typically when we celebrate our anniversary, I'm questioning my sanity by the end of the evening as October 15 is usually filled with scantily-clad teeny-boppers shouting and shreiking in the restaurant prior to the Homecoming dance. Well, by the end of last evening, I'd have taken the teeny-boppers a million times over what we got. What we got were a room full of folks actively discussing the "blessed" events of November 4 and how wonderful the next 8 years were going to be. It got higher, deeper, and stinkier than that, but I'll spare you. The food was really quite good (I got brave and tried the sweet potato, beet, and spinach salad and it was actually quite good!) but the fellow diners made me sick to my stomach!

The 5 Browns were excellent - - except it was the 4 Browns and their arranger. The oldest Brown has contracted a serious virus in her eye that is rapidly deteiorating the vision in the affected eye. It's sounds like its come on rather recently and is a little scary. In spite of it, the remaining Browns and arranger put on a magnificent show! It was fun to see several of David's students there, as well. And it was nice to enjoy a night out with David. It was remarkably relaxing!

Tomorow I go in for my eye exam and to pick out new glasses. I'm kind of glad - the Harry Potter look only worked for him and he had Hermione to fix the tape holding his glasses together.

No comments: