Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Oh deer!

I'm officially a "Bryan," now. It took me five years - but I've had my official christening on my way to work yesterday. I hit a deer.

Let me tell you that when you pray for something, the Lord really does hear and help! My daily prayer is to have "peace and safety" for each member of my family - wherever our day takes us - and once, again, the Lord has shown me that He really does take that plea seriously. Not even so much as the dirt on my car got smeared from the encounter with Bambi-ette even though a chunk of her leg went flying into the air upon impact. It didn't seem to do any permanent damage to her as she got up right away and ran off into the hills, but I was SHOCKED that my rubbermaid bumper withstood it so well! Of course, I'm EXTREMELY grateful as I've witnessed first-hand from many folks around here just what a deer hit can mean to a car (it's unfortunately pretty common - especially this time of year).

Remembering the funny... I promised in my last post that I would tell you the funny thing Adam did when I remembered it. I finally did!

On the way home from Stake Conference a couple of weeks ago, he was all chats and smiles until we suddenly heard a really fake, and really dramatic baby-type cry. I turned around and perplexed and amused asked him what that was. He replied in his most normal, nonchalant voice, "I'm crying. I'm REALLY sad." I had the hardest time stifling my laughter, but offered the most compassionate response possible. Where does he get this stuff?

Happy Halloween!
Today was the day that the residents bring their kids to work for trick-or-treating over the lunch hour. I was the designated candy-hander-outer for our department. I had fun!
I included a sign that said,
"A witch put a curse on me and I can't sleep until the Huskers win, again..."

1 comment:

Cam said...

You are super lucky, those deer can really do some damage. And that fake crying of Adam's is super funny. Have you decided on a Halloween costume yet?