Monday, August 17, 2009

Announcing Baby Bean

Since my mother-in-law "outed" me in Relief Society yesterday, you all might as well know: it appears we'll be getting a visit from the stork sometime around April 7, 2010! We're quite excited! Why "Baby Bean?" Well, partly because our little baby is about the size and shape of a kidney bean right now, and once I called it that, it just sort of stuck. We'll probably come up with a better name for him or her once he or she is arrived!

I took a pregnancy test and passed about two weeks ago. I was SURE I was about 10 weeks along when I went in for the appt with the midwife this last Thursday. Ummm... no. Unfortunately for my poor impatient soul, I'm only 6 weeks. But - the bottom line is that we could calculate a healthy, steady heartbeat of 111 beats per minute!

I'd attach the ultrasound picture, but because I'm so early, you can't even hardly make out anything at all. Lucky for me, I work in Family Medicine and can just sneak up to the clinic anytime and play with the ultrasound machine there - so I probably will in a few weeks when things are a little more visible!

1 comment:

Cristiane said...

No way!!! You can have an ultrasound anytime you want?!! That's so cool!

Oh, the same happened to me.. I thought I was 12 weeks when they told me I was 9... =/ It took forever till I was actually 12 weeks!
I know how you feel..

Can't wait to hear all about your experience giving birth to Adam, I'm so so interested about hypnobirthing!!!